Maybe you already know what BDSM is, and going a little further intrigues you. Perhaps you’ve dabbled with spanking your partner. Or, maybe you’ve tied each other up with scarves. But now, you want to try more BDSM fun in the bedroom.
Or, maybe you’ve never heard of BDSM. Perhaps, you’re intimidated by the idea. Or, maybe you just don’t know how to get started, but would be interested in trying something like this in the bedroom.
Well, this is your primer for BDSM. I’m going to give you some basic ideas to get your kinky juices flowing!
First of all, let’s define BDSM:
B = bondage – using restraints as part of an intimate relationship
D = domination – a dominant partner controlling and/or punishing a submissive partner
S & M = sadism and masochism – giving (s) and receiving (m) pleasure from pain
Getting started… When getting started with any BDSM activity, talk to your partner FIRST! Discuss what you would like to try and come up with a game plan. It’s important to set up boundaries before you ever venture down this road. Why? It’s because many BDSM activities require a high level of trust between partners. So, talk, talk, talk about what you will and won’t do! Then, decide on a safe word, or code word, to use with your partner when you want things to stop. Remember, it’s ok to stop and regroup. You should never feel like you can’t trust your partner!
Now, let’s break everything down. I’m going to give you some basic ideas according to where they fall in the BDSM spectrum. Some of them might not be your thing, and that’s ok! The idea is to spice things up within YOUR comfort zone.
Bondage – There are so many easy ways to incorporate bondage into your sex life!
- Grab a leash and walk your partner around the bedroom
- Use furry handcuffs or silk rope to restrict your partner’s use of their hands, or to lock them to a bedpost or chair
- Try a ball gag to muffle your partner’s pleas for mercy or cries of ecstasy
- Use a spreader bar to restrict the use of your partner’s legs
- Go all the way and use hog ties or wrist and leg cuffs to completely restrict your partner’s movements
Domination – This is all about one person being in charge, with the other relinquishing control.
- Pretend your partner is your love slave and have them work to earn their freedom by doing anything you say
- Control your partner by repeatedly stimulating them, but not allowing them to have an orgasm
- Role play having one of you be the servant (think French maid, pool boy, love robot, etc.)
- Try a remote controlled panty vibe where you or your partner is in charge of the amount of stimulation received
- Use a blindfold and do not allow your partner to see what you’re about to do next
S&M – This is all about giving and/or receiving pain. But, it doesn’t mean you have to hurt each other. Start on the softer side with any of these suggestions and work your way up to more intensity!
- Try using nipple clamps for an exciting pinch
- Pick up a paddle, riding crop, or leather flogger, then lightly smack each other on sensitive areas
- Drip hot wax onto each other’s backsides
- Try an electro-stimulation kit on sensitive areas with the dial set to low
- Use your teeth to gently bite sensitive areas
Want to try some of the ideas above? Check out our BDSM selection online. You’ll find many items to help you get started.
Want to try some harder stuff? Do your research! Talk to your partner about your desires AND boundaries. And, the visit one of our 3 Charlotte are stores. We have a much larger, and kinkier, selection of BDSM items in-store.